You will agree with us that all electrical appliances are meant to spice our lives with comfort and joy that we need. However, this main purpose may be terminated when some issues start creeping in for example, overheating, development of leakages and other general malfunctions common in appliances.
When we are speaking about heating and cooling issues, we are simply discussing the problems that arise in electrical appliances meant to either produce heat or some cooling effect in the house. Furnace is one of the appliances that are used in the house for serving such purposes. However there are problems that may affect it which are discussed in this article. These are the same problems that affect other cooling and heating appliances. Let us explore more on furnace.
The Most Common Furnace Issues
Many people realize that their furnaces are having problems when the cold season comes in especially winter. However, the problems that are in furnaces are very common and some you do not need to call an expert to repair. You can get it done by yourself. Some of the reasons for heating and cooling issues in furnace include:
- Having dirty filters– they prevent air flowing making the furnace work a little harder in circulating. They also damage limit switch which mostly controls your fan.
- Wear and tear- this causes problems in air flowing, overheating, under heating and other related problems.
- Poor maintenance– when every appliance is wrongly maintained the efficiency and effectiveness of such goes down. Therefore, maintain the required routine inspections.
- Worn out thermostat
- A problem in the Electric ignition– a problem of having a faulty ignition causes poor heating at home.
- The furnace not heating at all.
- The furnace not heating enough
- Cycling between ON and OFF modes may be as a result of a filter that is clogged, improper airflow or poor setting of a thermostat.
- A lot of noises from the furnace – rattling and rumbling in furnace are not normal. This sound indicates that there is a mechanical problem, reductions in the airflow and clogged burner.
- Blower running continuously– when the blower has a problem, it is an indication of limit switch problem.
How to Repair Some of the Above Problems
Some of the common repairs needed for heating and cooling systems, you can repair them at home without necessarily calling a professional. Some of these repairs include:
- Changing the filters- dirty filters are the roots of many problems of furnace. It is advisable that you replace your filters at least once a month. This is something that a professional can easily teach you.
- Keep check at the battery levels of a thermostat. By simply changing the battery, it starts working.
- Check on the power supply and the circuit breakers/ fuse- the fuse may have blown, therefore check this minor issues.
- Maintain every time as per the manufacturer’s directions.
In conclusion, there are some repairs that you leave to an expert if at all you were not trained for it. Some include furnace installation, ignition problems, mechanical problems and any gas problem.